We are your Bridge, Reasonable, Reliable & ReassuringTM
: :   NJ (732) 354-4700
  PA (215) 853-8940
Practice Areas
  Temporary Work in USA
  Extraordinary Ability EB-1
  National Interest Waiver
  Green Card
  US Citizenship
  Health Care Professionals
  Consular Matter
  Immigration Links
  Student Visa
  Visitor/ Business Visa
  AC21 Portability
  Immig Law FAQs
  Compliance Audits
Some areas of our website are still under construction.
Visa Bulletin Case Processing Time Fees Sreepad's Blog
Practice Areas > Consular Matter
What is Dual Intent
All non immigrant visa applicants must prove their non immigrant intent to a consular officer or an officer at the port of entry. This is usually accomplished by showing: that the nonimmigrant has a residence abroad that she has no intention of abandoning; is coming to the United Statesfor a temporary stay and will depart the United States upon the conclusion of the visit. However, there are certain categories of visas like H/L/O and P that will allow for Dual Intent which means that the non immigrant in these categories can have a short term intent of leaving after a temporary stay and along term intent of residing permanently in the United States, i.e., applying for and obtaining a green card in the long term.

information provided here is of general nature and should not be constructed as legal advice.matters in personal historyor a perticular situation may affect eligibility to recive immigration benfits in a perticular situation.Information is updated peroidically and may not be current at all time.