We are your Bridge, Reasonable, Reliable & ReassuringTM
: :   NJ (732) 354-4700
  PA (215) 853-8940
Practice Areas
  Temporary Work in USA
  Extraordinary Ability EB-1
  National Interest Waiver
  Green Card
  US Citizenship
  Health Care Professionals
  Consular Matter
  Immigration Links
  Student Visa
  Visitor/ Business Visa
  AC21 Portability
  Immig Law FAQs
  Compliance Audits
Some areas of our website are still under construction.
Visa Bulletin Case Processing Time Fees Sreepad's Blog
Practice Areas > Green Card
Employment-Based Immigration: Fourth Preference EB-4
FourthPreference EB-4
Thispreference is reserved for "special immigrants," which includes certainreligious workers, employees of U.S. Foreign Service posts, retired employees of international organizations, alien minors who are wards of courts in the United States,and other classes of aliens.
arrow Topetition for an employment-based fourth preference immigrant, your employer must file a Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant. However, there are certain situations where you, the employee, may self-petition on your own behalf.

LaborCertification is not required for those individuals who can be qualified under this category.

You may be eligible foran employment-based, fourth preference visa if you are a special immigrant. The following special immigrants are eligible for the fourth preference visa:

arrow Religious Workers
arrow Broadcasters
arrow Iraqi/Afghan Translators
arrow Iraqis Who Have Assisted the United States
arrow International Organization Employees
arrow Physicians

Armed Forces Members

arrow Panama Canal Zone Employees
arrow Retired NATO-6 employees
arrow Spouses and Children of Deceased NATO-6 employees
Green Card for a Religious Worker (Minister or Non minister)

Congress amended the Immigrationand Nationality Act (INA) in 1990 to create a special immigrant status for ministers and non ministers in religious vocations and occupations.

Eligibility Criteria

To be eligible in the religiousworker category, you must:
arrow Have been a member of a bona fide non-profit religious denomination for at least two years prior to filing Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant
arrow Have been working continuously for the past two years immediately prior to filing the immigrant petition:
arrow <!--[if !supportLists]--> <!--[endif]-->Asa religious minister in a religious vocation either professional ornon-professional capacity, or
arrow <!--[if !supportLists]--> <!--[endif]-->Ina religious occupation either professional or nonprofessional capacity
arrow Seek to enter the United States solely to carry out such religious occupation of the employer's denomination
information provided here is of general nature and should not be constructed as legal advice.matters in personal historyor a perticular situation may affect eligibility to recive immigration benfits in a perticular situation.Information is updated peroidically and may not be current at all time.