We are your Bridge, Reasonable, Reliable & ReassuringTM
: :   NJ (732) 354-4700
  PA (215) 853-8940
Practice Areas
  Temporary Work in USA
  Extraordinary Ability EB-1
  National Interest Waiver
  Green Card
  US Citizenship
  Health Care Professionals
  Consular Matter
  Immigration Links
  Student Visa
  Visitor/ Business Visa
  AC21 Portability
  Immig Law FAQs
  Compliance Audits
Some areas of our website are still under construction.
Visa Bulletin Case Processing Time Fees Sreepad's Blog
Practice Areas > Consular Matter
How to Show Non Immigrant Intent / Prove Ties to Home Country
The burden of proof is on the applicant to show that he or she qualifies for the non-immigrant visa. This proof may come in many forms, but when considered together, it must be strong enough for the interviewing officer to conclude that the applicant's ties to their home country will compel him or her to return at the end of a temporary stay in the United States.

Ties are the aspects of one's that bind a person to his or her place of residence, including family relationships, employment and possessions. In the case of younger applicants, who may not have had an opportunity to establish such ties, interviewing officers may look at educational status, grades, the situation of their parents, and the applicant's long-range plans and prospects in their home country. As each person's situation is different, there is no set answer as to what constitutes adequate ties.

Following is a list of kind of supporting documents that one can use to prove their ties to their home country. They may or may not be requested from the applicant and are only required at the discretion of the consular officer.
1 Bank statements for the last three (3) months and both current and former bank account passbooks
2 Employment certification including salary, tenure and position
3 Income tax returns
4 Audited financial statements

Pay slips for the last three (3) months

6 Credit card statements for the prior three months
7 Vehicle registration with official receipt
8 Land titles

Pictures of family,home or business

10 Wedding photos

Marriage certificate issued by appropriate civil authority, if applicable

12 Birth certificate


For students,certificate of school registration

Certification of membership to legitimate organization(s)

15 Any other documentation that will show your ties to your home country.
information provided here is of general nature and should not be constructed as legal advice.matters in personal historyor a perticular situation may affect eligibility to recive immigration benfits in a perticular situation.Information is updated peroidically and may not be current at all time.